Why team development?
My drive surpasses the development of individuals. In the end teamwork, and not strategy, technology or assets, contributes the most to the competitive advantage of an organisation.
That’s why I have developed a programme to improve teamwork in cooperation with certified coaches on the tennis court.
Why the tennis court?
Scientific research has shown that most people (70%) start learning by actually doing. From my experience it is often a challenge to genuinely understand each other’s behaviour, competences and drives. Sport exercises on a tennis court are an excellent way to improve this. The direct experience on the court can be connected to the daily practice and as a start to discuss the team challenges. Finally sport is also about achieving goals and it is fun to do with your team.
Trust is elementary. Team members disclose their opinions openly and readily and are willing to be vulnerable within the team.
2. Constructive discussions
Team meetings are open minded and productive and there are constructive and passionate discussions.
Teams come to decisions quickly and reach consensus.
Looking for Inspiration?
- If you consider starting as a ZZP interim manager?
- How to get your first interim assignment?
- How to achieve the next level in assignments rather than similar assignments
- The possibilities for your next career step, for example in a different line of industry?
- How to improve your interview skills or presentation of your CV?
- Which challenges your team is facing in order to be a successful team?
- Why team development on the tennis court will help to create a successful team?
- Where to find the best places for coffee and lunches in the WTC-area in Amsterdam?
I’d love to get in touch,
you can reach me on: